THE BEST SPICY BEEF PEPPER STIR FRY
Spicy Beef Pepper Stir Fry is a healthy dinner choice full of red and green bell peppers, broccoli, onions and steak in a ginger garlic soy sauce.
- 1 lb strip steak trimmed and cut in bite size pieces.
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 large red pepper cut in at least 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large green pepper cut in at least 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 broccoli crown separated into large bite size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- canola oil
- 3–4 teaspoons sriracha
- Combine soy sauce, water, mirin, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic powder and cornstarch in a medium ceramic bowl. Mix with whisk. Pour half of the mixture into a large Ziploc bag and add beef strips and allow to marinade for 30-90 minutes. Refrigerate while marinating.
- Heat wok with 1 – 2 tablespoons canola oil until smoking. Your wok should be very hot. Swirl to coat the wok. Shake the beef in the marinade to get the cornstarch mixed again. Remove the beef from the marinade and carefully add to the wok. Discard the marinade. Cook for about 3-4 minutes stirring halfway through. Remove the steak, cover and keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of canola oil over high heat. Swirl again to coat the wok. Add the broccoli and cook for about 1-2 minutes stirring once. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring once or twice. Reduce heat to low and add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.. Remove all veggies from wok, cover and keep warm.
- Whisk the the remaining soy sauce mixture and add to the wok and bring to a lowl boil. Stir until slightly thickened. Add the cooked beef and vegetables back to the wok. Add 3-4 teaspoons of sriracha to taste. Stir and heat for 1-2 minutes and serve,
Adapted from : https://www.smalltownwoman.com/spicy-beef-pepper-stir-fry/