SUPER EASY GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- 1/2 cup (3.75 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (3.75 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces, 8 tablespoons) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (7.5 ounces) flour (add an extra 1/4 cup for a thicker cookie)
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) chocolate chips, plus more to sprinkle on top, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet (12-inches by 17-inches or so) with parchment paper or foil and lightly grease with cooking spray (can also use a silicone baking liner; no need to grease).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the butter, egg and vanilla and mix until thick and well-combined. Add the flour and chocolate chips and mix until no dry streaks remain.
- Press the cookie dough onto the center of the prepared pan into an evenly thick 9-inch circle. When it bakes, it spreads to about 11-12 inches (the cookie will fit perfectly onto a 12-inch round cardboard circle you can find at most craft stores).
- If desired, top the cookie with additional chocolate chips or M&Ms. Bake for 13-16 minutes until the cookie is set around the edges and slightly crackly on top. Let the cookie cool completely on the baking pan – this helps the cookie set up so it can be easily lifted off the pan. Once cool, gently use the foil or parchment to lift the cookie off the pan; slide a thin spatula underneath to transfer. Cut into slices and serve!
Adapted from : https://www.melskitchencafe.com/giant-cookie/