CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
This CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE is the ultimate bundt cake recipe! The cake is made with peanut butter AND peanut butter cups, and then topped with a decadent peanut butter icing. All that peanut butter makes this indulgent cake the most amazing peanut butter chocolate cake recipe!
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix or Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 3.4 oz. package chocolate instant pudding
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1- cup milk
- 1- teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter I use Jif Creamy
- ½ bag Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- 8 ounces Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures – cut into fourths do NOT use Peanut Butter Cup Baking Cups
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cup miniatures
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures - chopped
FOR THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease & flour 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Mix together cake mix, pudding & flour in a large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, water, milk, peanut butter, vanilla extract and mix for 30 seconds on low speed then 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Fold in peanut butter chips & chopped peanut butter cup.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool cake on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a cooling rack and let completely cool (upright).
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir often.
- Pour warm icing over completely cooled cake while letting it drizzle down the sides.
- Garnish with extra Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips and chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures.
- Serve after frosting is cooled and set.
*SEE NOTES FOR FREEZING.