STRAWBERRY SWIRL POUND CAKE
- 3 1/4 cups sifted AP or cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1–2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and prepare two 8″ loaf pans with butter and flour.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla and sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- In two batches, add the flour to the wet mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- With a hand blender, puree the strawberries until smooth. Add the brown sugar. Set 1/4 cup of the pureed strawberries aside for later.
- Fill each loaf pan halfway up with cake batter, then pour about 1/3 cup (half of remaining for each pan) of strawberry puree on top. Pour the rest of the batter on top of the strawberries, and use a butter knife to swirl everything together.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. You may need to tent with foil to avoid too much browning. Let cool before mixing the remaining strawberry puree with the powdered sugar and pouring over the loaves.