SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PARMESAN AND PASTA
- 48 oz Ragu Chunky Tomato, Garlic and Onion Sauce (2 jars)
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 lb. penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Sprinkle over the salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over the Ragu Chunky Tomato Sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the slow cooker is done cooking, prepare the pasta on the stove-top according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, remove the chicken on to a plate and cut into bite size pieces, the chicken will shred very easy, but I still like to cut it up a bit so there isn't long strings of chicken. Add the chicken back to the sauce.
- Drain the pasta very well. Add the pasta to the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker. Stir. Flatten the pasta out into an even layer. Sprinkle over the shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Cover for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!